The Transformational Leader
1. Lets go of things others can do
2. Encourages initiative, ideas, and risk taking
3. Ensures that people have clear goals and the support to accomplish those goals
4. Delegate to challenge, develop, and empower
5. Coaches to ensure success.
6. Reinforces good work and good attempts
7. Shares information, knowledge, and skills
8. Values, trusts, and respects each individual
9. Provides support without taking over
10. Practices what they preach
The transformational leader is similar to the servant leader in that the T/L is out in from service as motivator, trainer and enabler for those in his or her care. A transformational leader seeks first to transform themselves, then to transform others and then the organization.